Friday, August 22, 2008

JUHI BANKS ON 'KRAZZY 4'


A former beauty queen and chirpy actress of Bollywood who has now turned super star and comedy queen is back with a bang with Rakesh Roshan's 'Krazzy 4'. She is none other than Juhi Chawla. This time she is starring along Arshad Warsi, Irrfan Khan, Rajpal Yadav and Suresh Menon in lead roles. Juhi plays a psychiatrist to the four patients. Her's is the main character in the movie of debutant director Jaideep Sen, who has been an assistant director for long. The movie is releasing coming Friday, April 11th. Her recent chat with the media turned out very informative about her forthcoming movie. Excerpts of the interview:

What's your role in 'Krazzy 4'?


I am the only responsible one in this 'Krazzy4' film! I play the psychiatrist and these four are my patients. I decide to take all four to a trip into the city and I somehow fall into a trap. And to everyone's surprise it is these so called mad people who actually have the sense to help me out of this trap. I have a small but pivotal role…in the sense the film revolves around me!

In which category does the movie fall?

It is a very sweet satire though it also teaches us a lesson while having fun.

What prompted you to sign this film?

I have always wanted to work with Rakeshji and Film Kraft and also I know the director Jaideep Sen since he had been an assistant director. He is very capable and I knew I would be in good hands…also I relished the opportunity of working with my four co-stars.

Did you feel sure that it would hit the box office?

Film Kraft is a very efficient, quality production house and you can always guarantee that your film will be the best quality in Rakeshji's hands!!

How did you find working with all the four actors?

It was a complete blast! They made me laugh so much that my mascara used to come running down sometimes! I had to beg them not to make me laugh and let me do my scenes…all four are quite special in their own way and we were quite a good team…. they took great care of me.

Don't you feel that you missed comedy movies in your first innings?

I had my share of lead roles and fun and I did everything I ever wanted to do. I don't miss much and I am always looking out quality roles, whether big or small…. not necessarily comedy or romantic.

What's your pastime after doing movies?

I have started to learn music so my free time goes in doing riyaaz! Apart form that my children, family, social events take up all my free time so that I am happily busy even when not working.

Which are your future movies?

Apart from 'Krazzy 4' I am also doing 'Bhootnath' and Aziz Mirza's 'Kismet Konnection'.

What are the movie's prospects?

I am confident that the movie will fare very well as all the members of the cast and the crew have given their best performance. Besides, Rakeshji and Sen are competent in their respective fields.

No comments: